We at the New Parkway Theater are as anxious as you to experience life after the pandemic, and we want you to help us imagine what’s next. So, we bring you the What’s Next Film Festival…
We invite filmmakers near and far to explore the next chapter of our collective lives after the coronavirus. What comes next? Here are the six categories for which awards will be given:
- A World Reimagined: Possibilities for a post-Covid world
- Mask America Great Again: Public Health and our Collective Future
- Alternate Reality: A World Where Covid Never Happened
- Social Distancing: A Horror Story
- Are We Really All in this Together?
- Do the ‘Social Distance’ Song or Dance
All entries must be received by midnight PST on
June 30th, 2020 (deadline extended to July 31st), and all must conform to the following fine print:
- Your entry may not exceed 5 minutes in length.
- Export your short film in MP4, MOV or AVI formats (recommended codec, H264).
- Submit your film to WhatsNext@thenewparkway.com by
June 30th, 2020(deadline extended to July 31st).
- The New Parkway staff will decide on the winning entries. The New Parkway reserves the right not to select a winner, if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- Winners will receive one New Parkway annual pass. Other prizes may also be awarded.
- Winners will be awarded in all six of the above categories AND you need not pick a category for your submission.
- Multiple submissions are allowed.
- The New Parkway owns screening rights to any and all submissions for a period of three years from the date of submission and may screen the short film at its discretion during that time. Entrants may also submit their entries to other film festivals and screen the shorts at other locations during the three-year period.
By submitting an entry, you agree to the above rules and regulations.