The New Parkway offers a variety of party packages for larger groups of patrons. Some of these may be partially open to the public so they should not been confused with a private rental. These are also unique from our very quirky Party at the Parkway program.
Party packages may be booked for most days besides Friday and Saturday nights. On weeknights, most start times would either be on the earlier side, between 6:30 and 7:00pm, or on the later side, between 9:00 and 9:30pm. We have more flexibility on weekend days but the screenings have to fit in with other events at the theater.
Lots more important information, but here are the packages, all confusingly named with similar sounding P letter words:
- Picture Party Package: you suggest a movie, we license it, and you then invite up to fifty friends to join you. We’ll give you priority entry into the theater but we also open up the screening to the general public. Cost for this package, including 50 tickets, is $500.
- Popcorn Picture Party: This is the Picture Party Package above along with an unlimited popcorn bar for all attendees. Cost for this package, including 50 tickets and all popcorn and toppings, is $750.
- Pizza Picture Party: Identical to the Popcorn Picture Party without the popcorn. Instead, we’ll set you up with 20 fresh-baked pizzas for you and your 50 friends. Cost for this package, including 50 tickets and the hot pizza pies, is $800.
- Private Popcorn Party: This is the same as the Popcorn Picture Package, only we don’t open it up to the general public. Still limited to 50 people, the cost for this package, including 50 tickets, is $1000.
- Popcorn Picture Plus: This is the same as the Private Popcorn Picture Party, only without the 50 person limit. Instead, you may have up to 120 people! The cost for this package, including tickets and popcorn, is $1250.
Now for the fine print:
- For all of the above, there’s no extra time set aside before or after the screening for patrons to hang out in the theater. But depending on the time of the screening, you may be welcome to extend the party before and/or after the show in our café, free of charge.
- For any of the above packages, you may NOT rent extra time in the theater nor add any in-theater catering services. You may, however, have catering before or after the event in our café and rent out space in the Mezzanine if you’d like.
- Party dates and movie titles are confirmed weeks in advance, ideally shortly after your application is submitted, but the exact party start time is not confirmed until the week of your event when the schedule for the week is published. At that time, your screening start time may change by up to 30 minutes.
- You are more likely to be picked for one of our parties if you offer multiple possible dates and/or times for your party, as well as several possible movies, since not all movies are licensable. If you are interested in applying, please do so here.
- After you apply, you should receive an email within a week or two with further instructions on how to pay for your party. Your party is only confirmed once we receive payment from you and are able to acquire licensing for the film (only upon receipt of payment do we start the licensing process).
- Please note that if you need your party to happen at a particular time, in a particular theater, want catering included, or have other additional requirements, you should not use one of the above packages and instead reach out to our rentals department.