Not to be confused with a private rental or our new party packages, Party at the Parkway is a quirky and more affordable way to run a very special movie event at the theater. The New Parkway sets aside a Sunday night time slot (and sometimes a Sunday afternoon if it’s a party for kids) at our theater where you choose a movie for you and forty of your friends, we bake you a cake, and then we open up the event to strangers who want to crash your party. It could be a birthday, anniversary, or just a Big Lebowski party. You come up with the idea and we’ll work with you to do all the rest. Here are the basics:
- All of these special parties, unless they are for kids, will happen on Sunday nights, starting sometime between 8:30 and 9:30PM (we give you the exact time only five days beforehand). Parties for kids start at either 12:30 or 3:00, give or take 30 minutes
- We’ll let you know at least 2-3 weeks beforehand if you’ve been selected.
- If your proposal is selected, you will need to pre-pay for the first 40 people coming to your party ($400) within five days. That allows us to cover the cost of licensing, which we will do once we receive your payment.
- When you arrive on the day of your event, we’ll give you the 40 tickets with which you may do what you please.
- While this is your Party at the Parkway, all of these parties are open to the public and we expect that other patrons will come, especially if they get to sing happy birthday to you and enjoy a tiny slice of cake.
- We’ll make a cake for you, but it won’t be anything extravagant and likely won’t feed everyone in attendance. It’s more of a symbolic cake.
- We’re also happy to work with you to organize a pre-party in our cafe.
If you’re interested in proposing a Party at the Parkway, we ask that you fill out an online form. Some conditions to consider are as follows:
- You must only propose Sundays for your event. These do not happen any other day (though you may propose another day of the week through one of our party packages). If you’re able to propose more than one possible date, it may increase your chances.
- You must propose at least three movies that you’d be equally happy with. We’ll choose the title based on availability and what we think will do well with other patrons. Movies with a run time of over 120 minutes are very unlikely to be suitable. If your form has fewer than three suitable movies, you’re likely to not even receive a response.
- Parties at the Parkway are geared towards groups of 40 people or more. If you have a smaller group, regardless of your ability to pay for all 40 tickets, it’s likely not a good fit as a Party at the Parkway.
If these conditions seem amenable, please fill out the online form.
If you’d instead like to pursue a rental, you may find more information here.