Following the success of our Quarantine Film Festival submissions, and because Shelter In Place continues, we want to encourage amateur filmmakers around the world to continue to make movies in their homes. We’ll once again be limiting movie submissions to three minutes and there will be a host of prizes for the best submissions. Here are the categories, though you need not identify the category under which you are submitting:
- Movie Scene Recreated at Home: We want you to recreate your favorite movie scene from scratch using what you have around the house. This is real, no budget filmmaking. Are you the King of the World??
- One Room, One Movie: Many of us are already limited to one or two rooms, and we’re asking you to make an original movie, all in one room. Nothing beyond those four walls will be accepted.
- Inanimate Objects Come To Life: Have the many objects around you already come to life? Are you having conversations with things without a pulse? Is there a short movie to be made about the objects surrounding you having come to life?
- Talking To Yourself: Maybe you’re not talking to inanimate objects but instead you’re talking to yourself. We want to see your best short of you talking to yourself, or talking to other characters played by you.
- I’m a Captive Audience: Certainly we’re all captive to the Shelter in Place order, and spending much more time at home, but we’ve also become captive to many other external forces entering our homes. Be it Netflix, Animal Crossing, Fox News, Zooming friends and relatives, tell us what’s ruling your life.
- Reigniting Old Flames: Has quarantine made you lonely? Made past lovers seem greener? Tell us a story of rekindled love, either imaginary or real.
All entries must be received by midnight PST on
June 30th, 2020 (deadline extended to July 31st), and all must conform to the following fine print:
- Your entry may not exceed 3 minutes in length.
- Export your short film in MP4, MOV or AVI formats (recommended codec, H264).
- Submit your film to ShelterOn@thenewparkway.com by
June 30th, 2020(deadline extended to July 31st).
- The New Parkway staff will decide on the winning entries. The New Parkway reserves the right not to select a winner, if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- Winners will receive one New Parkway annual pass. Other prizes may also be awarded.
- Winners will be awarded in all six of the above categories AND you need not pick a category for your submission.
- Multiple submissions are allowed.
- The New Parkway owns screening rights to any and all submissions for a period of three years from the date of submission and may screen the short film at its discretion during that time. Entrants may also submit their entries to other film festivals and screen the shorts at other locations during the three-year period.
By submitting an entry, you agree to the above rules and regulations.