While the New Parkway will remain closed as a movie theater until September, we’ll be hosting weekly outdoor movie nights every Saturday from June through August. While the movie is free, we are charging $10 for each group to reserve a spot, just so that we can manage attendees and contact trace if there are any problems resulting from the event.
This year, we are again partnering with Heist at their beautiful 440 25th Street location. We will have physically distanced outdoor seating on gravel, so please bring a blanket/mat/chairs and picnic for this event. Because there’s still a pandemic going on, here are the rules for the events:
- Attendees must be ticketed. One ticket for each group, NOT each individual. Each group may be no more than six people.
- Groups must remain at least three feet apart from neighboring groups.
- All party members must arrive together. No exceptions!
- The front gate to Heist will open one hour before the start of the film. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All groups/attendees must arrive by the event’s announced start time. Absolutely no entry following the start of the movie.
- Attendees must have face covering on at all times during the event with the exception of when seated with your group and physically distanced from other groups.
- There will be absolutely no walk-up ticket sales!
- No ins and out for any reason.
- Outside food and drink are permitted and encouraged. Please clean up after yourself.
- You may bring folding chairs, but if you’re bringing a taller chair, we may ask that you sit at the rear so as to not block other attendees.
- Smoking and vaping are prohibited.
- Sorry, but no pets are allowed.
!!SEE CORRECTED START AND DOOR TIMES BELOW!!
Saturday, June 5th: Movie at approximately 9pm, doors at 8pm. Opening night will feature a prince, some music, and certainly the color purple. But it’s NOT “The Color Purple”, though that would be great viewing too! Get ready to sing, dance, and maybe go crazy. Reserve your spot now!
Saturday, June 12th: Movie at approximately 9pm, doors at 8pm. Night two will be all about baseball. This will be a family-friendly movie about the new kid in town and trying to fit in. Get ready for baseball and the Beast. Reserve your spot now!
Saturday, June 19th: Movie at approximately 9:15pm, doors at 8:15pm. We’ll help ring in Pride Week with a romantic comedy about family and family secrets. It’s about boyfriends and girlfriends, pregnancy out of wedlock, and facing these challenges within the Asian-American community. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, and you’ll be glad you saw it. Reserve your spot now!
Saturday, June 26th: Movie at approximately 9:15pm, doors at 8:15pm. Even though it’s one of the longest days of the year–meaning one of the latest movie start times–we’ll be making it super family-friendly with something animated by Miyazaki. Which one? Who knows, but it’s likely to involve a witch. So keep the kids up, and liberate your inner kid for a fun night out. Reserve your spot now!
July and August movies to be announced in mid-late June.
Special thanks to Heist for helping to host these events. Please consider working with them on your next creative project and/or consider renting their space for your next event.