Not to be confused with a private rental, Party at the Parkway is a quirky and hopefully more affordable way to run a very special movie event at the theater. The New Parkway sets aside a Sunday night time slot at our theater where you choose a movie for you and forty of your friends, we bake you a cake, and then we open up the event to strangers who want to crash your party. It could be a birthday, anniversary, or just a Big Lebowski party. You come up with the idea and we’ll work with you to do all the rest. Here are the basics:
- All of these special parties, unless they are for kids, will happen on Sunday nights, starting sometime between 8:30 and 9:30PM (we give you the exact time only five days beforehand). Parties for kids start at either 12:30 or 3:00.
- We’ll let you know at least 2-3 weeks beforehand if you’ve been selected.
- If your proposal is selected, you will need to pre-pay for the first 40 people coming to your party ($400) within five days. That allows us to cover the cost of licensing, which we will do once we receive your payment.
- When you arrive on the day of your event, we’ll give you the 40 tickets with which you may do what you please.
- While this is your Party at the Parkway, all of these parties are open to the public and we expect that other patrons will come, especially if they get to sing happy birthday to you and enjoy a tiny slice of cake.
- We’ll make a cake for you, but it won’t be anything extravagant and likely won’t feed everyone in attendance. It’s more of a symbolic cake.
- We’re also happy to work with you to organize a pre-party in our cafe.
If you’re interested in proposing a Party at the Parkway, please fill out the online form.