OPEN INTERVIEW for Crew Members and Manager on Duty positions:
Tuesday, November 15th from 2:30-3:30. Please bring a copy of your resume. Arrive no later than 3:15pm.
The New Parkway is often looking for talented people to join our staff. If you’ve always wanted to work at a picture pizza pub and/or you’re interested in a decent-paying job with mediocre benefits, this could be the place for you. Below, please find a list of available jobs as well as information about how to apply:
Manager on Duty
The Assistant Theater Manager will be one of the lead staff of the New Parkway Theater. Job responsibilities will include:
- Serving as the Manager on Duty at the theater for several key shifts
- Taking on a manager or lead staff support role such as: operations, tech (AV and office), HR, concessions and so on.
- Supervising 8-20 staff at any one time
- Serving as a face for the general public, greeting patrons, answering questions, and troubleshooting as necessary
- Operating the projection room
- Serving as a member of the management team, working with others to create and maintain a fantastic picture pizza pub
- Maintaining a clean and comfortable theater for our mostly lovely patrons
- Rolling up sleeves and doing just about anything and everything in the theater
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Taking on other responsibilities as determined by the General Manager
- Obtain ServSafe Certification within 30 days from date of hire
This job requires a fine balance of attention to detail, customer and staff relations, multi-tasking and creative problem solving. It also involves a fair amount of late evening and weekend work.
Compensation: $15-16/hour, depending on experience, plus limited benefits (health and PTO)
Hours: Ideally Part-Time (26 hours/ week) including evenings and weekends
Starting Date: Immediately
How to Apply: To apply please email your resume and a short statement about your interest in working at The New Parkway to the Craigslist reply email with ASSISTANT THEATER MANAGER in the subject line.
The New Parkway Theater is hiring concessions staff and dishwashers for our picture pizza pub (movie theater + café) in Oakland’s Uptown District.
For Questions: Absolutely no phone calls. You may email us at: email@example.com.
The New Parkway is an equal opportunity employer and applicants of all backgrounds and ability levels are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to Oakland residents, especially those living near the theater and/or in low-income neighborhoods.
Volunteer at the New Parkway
When we opened the New Parkway in December of 2012, we were fortunate to have had the help of many local volunteers to help us paint, build, and design our awesome space. Now that we are three years old, we can always use some extra hands.
We offer a few types of volunteer opportunities. Supporting general operations includes helping with ticket-taking, directing patrons inside the theater and helping to clean theaters at the end of busy screenings. Most shifts will last from 3-5 hours and you’ll often be wined and dined during your shift. For those who like to make a difference in the background we have drop in volunteer hours every first Saturday from 8:30am to 11:00am; RSVPs are appreciated but not required. Saturday projects will vary and may include sewing, stuffing bean bags, building, sanding, painting, fixing items, organizing, planting and other fun activities. If you have a specialized skill set such as electrical, plumbing, general contracting, metal work, A/V prowess, video making and so on, please let us know, we can use your skills!
This is a great opportunity to meet other locals interested in film, surround yourself with an eclectic and interesting crowd, and support your local theater in our efforts to bring you the best food and film we can! If you’re interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.